Residential Phone Services
InfoWest offers world class Residential VoIP service to the home over any broadband connection such as cable, fixed wireless or DSL. Not only is your home phone service more affordable, but you can now access the same powerful features and functionality usually reserved for big businesses. Keep your existing phone number, stop paying for long distance, and enjoy enhanced features at no extra charge!
Residential Phone Plan
|Total Minutes||Unlimited (Both local & long distance)|
|One-time Activation Fee||$10|
|Port Number Charge||$10 one-time fee|
|Misc. Taxes, including USF**||Varies – see below.|
- Voice mail
- Copy voice mail to email
- Caller ID - See who is calling before you pick up
- Call forwarding - Forward your calls to another number
- Call Waiting - Don't miss an important call while you are on the line
- Call logs - see your incoming, outgoing and missed calls online at any time
- Voice mail indication tones
- … and dozens of other standard features you don't get with traditional residential phone lines
- Optional on-site installation available - call for details.
Get a quote today.
Call 1.866.463.6937 or fill out the form.
No spam. No obligations.
* End users who subscribe to InfoWest's E911 service will be required to register the physical location of their equipment (dta or videophone) with InfoWest, either on the http://www.infowest.com/ website or by calling customer service, and agree to update the location whenever the physical location of service changes. End user acknowledges that infowest's only mechanism for routing 911 calls to the correct emergency call taker is the physical location currently registered for the account. End user acknowledges and understands that any enhanced location information passed to an emergency operator by InfoWest will be based upon the physical location provided to InfoWest by end user. In the event that the physical location has not been updated or is not complete, InfoWest may attempt to route a 911 call based upon the bill-to or ship-to addresses associated with the end user's account or initial order. For more information, see the InfoWest VoIP E911 terms & conditions
** All telecommunications service providers, including VoIP providers, must contribute to the Federal Universal Service Fund (USF) based on a percentage of their interstate and international end-user telecommunications revenues. InfoWest has been contributing on your behalf, but will begin billing USF surcharges effective with the January 1, 2013 invoice for those services that are designated as USF-contributable services by the FCC. Your USF surcharge shall be based on the FCC's quarterly contribution rate which has been set at 17.4% for the 4th quarter of 2012. This surcharge is a pass through going to support access to telecommunications services at reasonable rates for those living in rural and high-cost areas, income-eligible consumers, rural health care facilities, and schools and libraries.
To learn more about USF, please visit: http://www.fcc.gov/guides/universal-service-support-mechanisms
In addition, VoIP service providers are also now mandated to collect a number of local and state sales and use taxes, emergency service fees and state USF fees from end-users.
View the full VoIP terms & limitations.